Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Saw IV 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Saw IV
Caught it on Encore, at this point my only interests are seeing new torture devices and hearing the stories behind each punishment. Now, I don't know if I was just too high at the beginning or if I just missed something saying like "six weeks earlier" or something...but I didn't realize the events in Saw IV apparently happened at the same time as the events of Saw III. Anyways, I've got to say that I think Saw IV's game was the best. The dude is told that he's being tested based on his obsession, and that the only way he can win is if he can let go of the obsession and walk away...so of course, the final test is to simply not walk through the last door in under 90 minutes. If he did that everyone goes free, but nope, he had to barge through..."NEVER GO THROUGH AN UNSECURED DOOR!!!"

Fri May 08, 2009 1:58 am
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Saw IV
The whole plot paralleing saw 3 in time was a very confusing choise by the director, but it made the ending so much more epic if you understood it which i feel lucky i caught on about half way through the movie.

Fri May 08, 2009 7:55 am
Profile E-mail
ANTI-POPE
ANTI-POPE

Cash on hand:
Group: hanzo ord3r
Dang. Only seen 1 and 2. I guess you need to watch 3 and four back to back?

The very image of a king

Sun May 24, 2009 6:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Hanzo wrote:
Dang. Only seen 1 and 2. I guess you need to watch 3 and four back to back?
Not necessarily, though seeing 3 before 4 definitely helps. As I said: you don't really see them tie together except in the beginning and at the very end. I can't say how Saw 4 starts without giving away how Saw 3 ends, but at the end of Saw 4 you see the last scene of Saw 3 through the eyes of the killer, and thus it's revealed that the events of both movies were occurring at the same time.

Wed May 27, 2009 9:39 pm
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Personally, I think that the original Saw was the only one worth watching. It actually had suspense. The rest are just gore and cheap shocks

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:00 am
Profile E-mail
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
I've got to say, Saw IV was my second favorite one (the first being my favorite). The Saw movies have always had their flaws, the first being acting, the second being average, the third being shitty (until the epic ending) and the fifth being boring as fuck. I would have to say that the fourth is the most well done of the series (the sixth is also well done, but it wasn't as intense... nothing gripping...).

The only reason why I like the first one the most is because it had the specialty of being the first of its kind. You know what you're in for for the sequels, but when I saw the first one (I was 12) I was completely horrified.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]