Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Humanity's Problem. 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Humanity's Problem.
HOLY SHIT! I'M MAKING ANOTHER TOPIC IN SERIOUS!

As the title suggests: this topic is about what humanity's greatest problem is. If you ask me, the answer is quite simple. If you believe in evolution, then you believe in natural selection. Which means that if you believe that we humans are evolved from "the missing link", then you believe that we are actually animals (on a basic level). If you believe that we're animals, then natural selection must apply to us as well.

My point: humanity's greatest problem is that it has no engine of natural selection. For every child that's born, all the care possible is given to it to make sure it survives. Even if that child is destined to grow up to be a good for nothing waste of life sucking down tax dollars in welfare checks and, in general, being "a burden upon society." With nothing to stop the "unworthy" from growing up and passing on their "unworthy" genes, humanity is regressing, rather than progressing.

Now here's an interesting scenario to ponder. What if there WAS a means of natural selection amongst humans? What if "survival of the fittest" applied in its most deadly meaning to humans; as it does with the rest of the animal kingdom? Do you realize how obscenely superior that theoretical race of humans would be compared to us? Or would it not really even matter?

Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:02 am
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Post Re: Humanity's Problem.
How so superior? Would they be smarter? Or would they just be stronger? You would hope for both, but what about in the case of someone like Stephen Hawking? He got ALS and was confined to a wheelchair yet made (and still makes) amazing contributions to the word of science.

Nearly everyone I talk to is in favor of mass culling of stupid/unworthy people, but no one will ever admit that they themselves should be killed.

I think humanity's biggest problem is our general resistance to change.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Well I'll break the mold then. I fully admit that I most likely would not fit into the "chosen class". But actually I believe it would be both. Physically we'd be superior because of the literal definition of "the strongest will survive". Those with weaker immune systems and those unable to defend themselves against natural selection would not survive to pass on their weaker genes. However there's also a figurative definition of "the strongest will survive". Those whose intelligence puts them above the rest would be able to figure out their own method of survival. Why work for your keep if you can figure out a way to take someone else's?

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:52 pm
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
If not working for your keep is a sign of superiority then welfare draining, alcoholic trailer trash are head and shoulders above the rest of us...

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 am
Profile E-mail
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Cash on hand:
Group: Assist Admins
Hammm's got a point. I think a better definition of one superior in terms of intelligence would be one who can use it to get ahead in life. While those on welfare, in one sense, would qualify as people who are not working for their keep and in fact are taking others, they are not moving ahead in life. They are in fact stuck at a roadblock by doing so, unable to remove themselves from that support too. Granted, NOT every person on welfare is like this, but those who abuse the welfare system are also those who cannot seem to tear themselves away in order to get themselves back up. Therefore, if there is superiority among humans, they would not be superior because of the fact that they cannot support themselves. That is what a combination of both strength and wit/intelligence would be - you have the strength (whether it be physical or mental) to support yourself through times of need, and the intelligence to find solutions in order to help yourself.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:23 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
So as you can see, natural selection still exists; it's sheer arrogance to think that mere humans could stop it. Humans aren't necessarily getting smarter nor are we getting dumber, we're merely changing :)

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
You guys completely misinterpreted what I said. Welfare itself is a mechanism that counter-acts natural selection. Suppose there was no welfare, no help for the needy, and no mercy given to those too lazy to earn for themselves. Natural selection dictates that their health will deteriorate from lack of proper medical treatment and they will eventually die off. And their children? Unfortunately they must suffer from the laziness of their parents, just how animal babies die off when something happens to their parent. But perhaps I used a bad example to begin with, all I meant in my previous post was that part of survival is figuring out how to survive.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:16 pm
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Humanity's greatest problem is that is doesn't learn from its mistakes (eg responding to a problem only when there is no other solution (eg slavery))

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Cash on hand:
Group: Assist Admins
Then what I said still applies. As I said:

Quote:
That is what a combination of both strength and wit/intelligence would be - you have the strength (whether it be physical or mental) to support yourself through times of need, and the intelligence to find solutions in order to help yourself.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:27 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Dark Jester wrote:
You guys completely misinterpreted what I said. Welfare itself is a mechanism that counter-acts natural selection. Suppose there was no welfare, no help for the needy, and no mercy given to those too lazy to earn for themselves. Natural selection dictates that their health will deteriorate from lack of proper medical treatment and they will eventually die off. And their children? Unfortunately they must suffer from the laziness of their parents, just how animal babies die off when something happens to their parent. But perhaps I used a bad example to begin with, all I meant in my previous post was that part of survival is figuring out how to survive.

I would argue that welfare is really a system set up by the elite in order to HELP the elite. It's a political tool and is used to gain sympathy and power :)

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
All I'm saying is that there's too many people in this world as it is. And why is it only dumb trailer-park rednecks and, to be extremely blunt: lazy niggers (not black people, niggers, there IS a difference) keep fucking and reproducing like rabbits, while wealthy intelligent people have two or three kids? All those people that just keep fucking and fucking and pumping out more and more wastes/drains upon society that will undoubtedly have no respectable future other than praying to god they're good enough at basketball or football to get rich and set their family for life.

Ever watch a sports draft? Ever see when they cut away to some player's home? It's like watching a clip from Soul Food. "FUCK YEAH! WE FINALLY HIT THE JACKPOT! OUTTA 9 KIDS ONE OF'EM MADE IT!!!"

THESE are the people I feel we can do without. cooki:

For further reference as to what I believe the problem with humanity is: see the movie Idiocracy.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:08 pm
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:
i think another thing impeding human evolution is the strive for normality, say a person was born with some sort of mutation...say an extra, useable arm. while this could potentially be beneficial, the person would probably have it removed, so they wouldn't be a 'freak'. this, and the standards of political correctness, are the main things holding humanity back.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:06 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Welfare abuse makes it look bad on everyone. I know an 80 year old woman raising her great grandchildren, whom is unable to work, and uses the welfare money to feed and clothe those children who are contributing and good members of society, even though their parents were criminals.

I'm not going to generalize, because people's problems are not always genetic. These kids came from the schizophrenic genes of criminals, yet they are normal, behaved children. But my friend across the street who was raised by a pot smoking whore is now a pot smoking whore. I hope I'm making sense.

This is what I believe society's problem is: Lack of sense.
You can be as intelligent as humanly possible, and many of the people are know that do the dumbest shit are pretty intelligent, but if you don't have any common sense intelligence isn't going to get you ANYWHERE.
If you can't think like a reasonable person, and figure, hey, maybe you shouldn't have unprotected sex, or date a drug addict, or drop out of high school and fuck your chances up of having a decent life then intelligence is not going to get you ANYWHERE! And of course there is the special case of the drop out that lives a great life, but is it really worth the risk?

The point is, it's not natural selection. It's not evolution. It's sense. I know complete fucktards who have common sense and they are doing just fine. In a place like America, there is no excuse for ignorance, especially in this country where people get scholarships just for being a minority and underprivilaged! But no amount of intelligence is going to make up for a lack of common sense. Just saying.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:04 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Humanity's problem is humanity.

People are always bad and are always fucked.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:27 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]