Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 I got Windows 2k on this bitch 
Not Quite Left-Winged
Not Quite Left-Winged

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: I got Windows 2k on this bitch
He said you were stupid for encouraging him to splatter shit all over the place through his posts. Please do keep up.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Kain Lindwurm wrote:
He said you were stupid for encouraging him to splatter shit all over the place through his posts. Please do keep up.

Will do. It helps spur activity on the forum so I have more entertainment :twisted

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:57 pm
Not Quite Left-Winged
Not Quite Left-Winged

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:

Will do. It helps spur activity on the forum so I have more entertainment :twisted

I meant keeping up with what people say. Of course that's impossible since you proved it yourself at this very instant.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:

I meant keeping up with what people say. Of course that's impossible since you proved it yourself at this very instant.

Proved what myself? Fail English, Frenchy?

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:04 pm
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Cash on hand:
Group: Assist Admins
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:

Well if English isn't his native tongue, he's been doing a lot better than you have in all of his posts. Grammatically, there's nothing wrong with what he said. Awkward, perhaps, but not wrong. He was right in saying "Please do keep up (with what people say)", the "with what people say" being implied in that statement. Maybe he should have said "I meant 'keep up with what people say'" to be clearer, but what he said works too. "Of course that's impossible..." is also grammatically correct. He is saying that you cannot keep up with what others say, as you've just proved it.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
ANTI-POPE
ANTI-POPE

Cash on hand:
Group: hanzo ord3r
Ohh lawdy! Dats a 10 point slam dunk for the azn and frenchy!

The very image of a king

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
rosie wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:

Well if English isn't his native tongue, he's been doing a lot better than you have in all of his posts. Grammatically, there's nothing wrong with what he said. Awkward, perhaps, but not wrong. He was right in saying "Please do keep up (with what people say)", the "with what people say" being implied in that statement. Maybe he should have said "I meant 'keep up with what people say'" to be clearer, but what he said works too. "Of course that's impossible..." is also grammatically correct. He is saying that you cannot keep up with what others say, as you've just proved it.

"Of course that's impossible since you proved it yourself at this very instant" is a fragment you arrogant, cunt. Nice try.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:59 pm
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
I also dont keep up with the posts, because a lot of the time I dont bother

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 pm
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Cash on hand:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
rosie wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:

"Of course that's impossible since you proved it yourself at this very instant" is a fragment you arrogant, cunt. Nice try.

There is no comma after arrogant. It is also NOT a fragment and a proper sentence, if you read it correctly. Nice try yourself :)

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
rosie wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
rosie wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Kain Lindwurm wrote:

There is no comma after arrogant. It is also NOT a fragment and a proper sentence, if you read it correctly. Nice try yourself :)

It's called a typo. =P You're trying way too had.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:29 pm
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Cash on hand:
pinkturbokitty wrote:

I'm not really trying too hard, it's something that's so glaringly obvious that it needed to be pointed out. You're the one trying too hard to prove Kain wrong (and failing).

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
rosie wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:

I'm not really trying too hard, it's something that's so glaringly obvious that it needed to be pointed out. You're the one trying too hard to prove Kain wrong (and failing).

Yeah, well so what? If you wernt arguing with me you wouldnt have pointed it out. Now seriously, grow up if you're above the age of 13.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:52 pm
ANTI-POPE
ANTI-POPE

Cash on hand:
Group: hanzo ord3r

The very image of a king

Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
rosie wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:

Yeah, well so what? If you wernt arguing with me you wouldnt have pointed it out. Now seriously, grow up if you're above the age of 13.

And if you were not arguing with her this post would not have been made.

Your dodge attempt has failed.

Also, because I'll have fun doing this, let me point out she was very much right that what Kain said was, indeed, a complete sentence.

Quote:
Of course that's impossible since you proved it yourself at this very instant.

Of course = participial phrase or exclamation often interchangeable with "indeed".
that's = ah, here we have both our main subject and main verb. that, a word of reference to something that should be understood by various parties as it has been recently discussed, is here used as the subject. 's on the end of that is an English contraction signifying, in this case, the word "is", a verb, state of being verb to be specific. Thus "is" is the verb. We have a complete sentence so far, but it goes on.
impossible = an adjective. Used in a sentence with a state of being verb as the main verb, this would be what we call the Predicate Adjective, which here completes the basic thought of the main clause of the sentence.
since = ah, a grand little word which begins a subordinate clause, it indicates a causal connection between the main clause and the subordinate clause, or possibly that an explanation is to follow, though the two uses are at times identical.
you = a pronoun in the second person. In other words it indicates the one being addressed or the reader (if the reader is being addressed). Here it serves as the subject of the subordinate clause.
proved = an action verb in the past tense. This serves as the verb of the subordinate clause.
it = another pronoun in the gender neutral third person. This serves as the predicate, or here the direct object, of the subordinate verb "proved". We now have a very complete sentence and thought.
yourself = reflexive pronoun, here reemphasizing the "you" earlier indicated as the subject of the subordinate clause.
at = a preposition, indicating a position in space or time. This begins the prepositional phrase.
this = a demonstrative pronoun indicating a particular, understood thing close at hand in some respect. "This" could actually be the object of the preposition, but here it will be used to specify which thing, defined later, among several similar things.
very = adjective, modifying the word "this".
instant = a noun. This is actually the object of the preposition, and the word which this modifies by indicating which "instant" among many "instances".
The prepositional phrase has thus been completed, and we also know that this prepositional phrase indicates when "it" was "proved" by "you yourself".

Everything is solid. Your welcome for the 3rd grade grammar lesson. I hope it wasn't too difficult for you.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:09 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Cash on hand:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
rosie wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:

Did I hurt your feelings by proving you have worse grammar than a "frenchy" and an "azn"? :) If you're telling me to grow up, does that mean that you realize you need to grow up too?

Also, I was not initially arguing with you - I was pointing out that Kain had the correct grammar which you had said he did not. I was merely stating a solid fact (with an explanation as to why it was proper), to which you took offense and retaliated with childish insults.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:31 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next