Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What if? Scenarios 
ANTI-POPE
ANTI-POPE

Cash on hand:
Group: hanzo ord3r
Post What if? Scenarios
Gentelmen, and possible ladies, welcome to the offical Forkheads "What if" topic. This topic is to discuss any event that could have happend, but didn't in real life. For example, what if I'd kissed that boy I liked, or what if Hitler had won the second world war?

There are but two rules:

1. These things have to be plasuible. No what if vikings built lazers and conquered the moon crap.
2. I'd like atleast one answer to every question before we move on to a new one. Once you've answered the current question, feel free to ask one of your own. You can answer a previous question at any stage in the topic if you feel like it, but cannot ask one yourself unless you have answered the current question.

Alllrighty, lets get this ball rolling:
My question, is (and I'm trying to make this one fairly simple). What would have happend if the American revolution failed? What Consequences would this have had on the world then and the modern world? Discuss.

The very image of a king

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:11 am
Profile E-mail
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Cash on hand:
Group: Assist Admins
Post Re: What if? Scenarios
Hanzo wrote:
My question, is (and I'm trying to make this one fairly simple). What would have happend if the American revolution failed? What Consequences would this have had on the world then and the modern world? Discuss.

There are a few scenarios that could have happened.

1) The "United States of America" would not exist. It would still be a branch of Britain, despite its growing size. They will remain discontent, but discontent and attached.
2) After the initial defeat, America would remain a colony of Britain. More years of the same shit over and over again, and the people decide that they will try to rebel against Britain again, and possibly succeed. At this time, however, I doubt George Washington would still be alive (considering it would definitely take them a good few years to try again), and so we probably would not have ended up with a good first president, setting a precedent for the rest a lot sooner than expected. There will be significant differences between that America and our current America since I do believe time makes a lot of difference in terms of how a country develops, but who knows what the differences would be?

I don't have any "what if" situations to share, so I'll leave the next question to someone else.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:56 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Rosie summed it up well. the only thing I'd say is that if we do attempt the revolution another time, our culture might be different but things wouldn't be THAT much different for our modern times.

What if Kennedy never got assassinated?

Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Hanzo wrote:
Alllrighty, lets get this ball rolling:
My question, is What would have happend if the American revolution failed? What Consequences would this have had on the world then and the modern world? Discuss.

Not really that much would change. America would probably get independance later on, sort of like Canada did, becoming a independant country but part of the british common wealth. The world would probably be pretty much the same, except some differences, the first and second world war wouldve happened differently, or not at all. Other than that, like Rosie said, who knows really.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]